Kickoff in the "D"
Crescent Sail Yacht Club
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
May 13th & 14th, 2017
Check and see who has pre-registered
CRAM is holding our season opening two day regatta at Crescent Sail Yacht Club
(CSYC). This is an excellent venue to start the year. The water in Lake St. Clair is fairly shallow and warms up a bit more quickly than the deeper lakes; its more protected as well. Regardless, where else can you sail in two countries within 10 minutes of launching? Crescent Sail Yacht Club is a laid back and friendly club and we hope you enjoy your time with us. All catamarans are invited to this weekend regatta. VENUE
Crescent Sail Yacht Club, 276 Lake Shore Road, Grosse Pointe Farms, Michigan 48236DIRECTIONS
From I-94, take exit 224 east on Moross Road for approximately 2.5 miles to Lake Shore Road (Moross dead ends at Lake Shore). Turn right at Lake Shore Road. Crescent Sail Yacht Club will be on your left (~1/4 mile south of Moross Road).
If you'd like to stay on-site, we have a couple options:
- There is space for up to 5 RVs - these need to be reserved ahead of time on a 1st come, 1st served basis.
- In addition, CSYC has limited on-site housing available via bunking in a "big boat". Think of it as a floating camper - it actually works quite well!
by Friday, May 5th to confirm availability and reserve a spot.
Please note that due to city ordinance, we regret that neither tent camping nor pets can be accommodated on club property.Hotels and alternative RV Parking:
Baymont Inn and Suites, 20675 East 13 Mile Road, Roseville, MI 48066
Parkcrest Inn, 20000 Harper Ave, Harper Woods, MI 48225, (313) 884-8800 (5 min)
Red Roof Inn, 31800 Little Mack Avenue, Roseville, MI 48066, (586) 296-0310 (15 min)
Holiday Inn Express, 31900 Little Mack Avenue, Roseville, MI 48066, (888) 465-4329 (15 min)
For alternative RV parking there is a Walmart 10 minutes away at 28804 Gratiot Avenue Roseville, MI 48066SITE LAYOUT
Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner on Saturday are included in the $15/person hospitality co-pay.
- Dinner – Informal get-together at the Tiki Hut around 6PM. Depending on mood and weather, we can either order pizza or head to a local bar/grill.
- Breakfast – We are planning a good quality continental (fresh fruit, breads, yogurt, etc.), style breakfast.
- Lunch – We'll have a PB&J asembly-line session from 9-9:30AM. The sandwiches will be taken out on the water either on the RC or support boat. Water will be available on both boats.
- Dinner – We'll start the grill around 6PM. Chicken, Burgers, and Brats will be provided along with a salad and condiments. Soft drinks will be available. Adult beverages will be BYOB.
- A small bonfire will be set up in the evening for after-hours socializing.
- Breakfast – meet at 7:30 AM at the Pancake House (20273 Mack Ave, Grosse Pointe Woods)
- Lunch – On your own (there might be some PB&J left over from Saturday)
||Arrival, Boat Setup
||Informal dinner at Tiki Hut
||Galley open – Continental Breakfast
|8:45 - 9:15
||Registration Note: you MUST check in with registration to be scored!
||First start signal
||BBQ at the club, please bring a dish to pass if possible
||Small Bonfire for socializing
||Breakfast at the Pancake House, 20273 Mack Ave, Grosse Pointe Woods
||First start signal
CRAM Racing RulesCRAM REGATTA FEES & REGISTRATIONPlease note:
1) CRAM members* qualify for a $15 discount. However, you must first be logged-in for the system to recognize your membership status. 2) If you are not currently a member, you will need to purchase your membership seperately from regatta registration.
3) It may take up to a day to process your membership status in our system. We're working to automate this, but until then we appreciate your patience.
CRAM Racing Membership:
2-Day Regatta Fee:
$10 Pre Registration
→ expires May 10th!
$5 Single Handed Boats
$20 RV Onsite Convenience Fee
$15/person Saturday Hospitality
We need to know your class, sail#, and crew name.
If you don't know yet, just enter TBD.
First time sailing with CRAM?
Then your racing is on us!
Don't check any of the discounts and instead enter 1STCRAM2DAY in the coupon code field at the time of checkout.
If you have any questions please contact us: