Summer in the D
July 25th & 26thCrescent Sail Yacht Club
Grosse Point Farms, MI
Check and see who has pre-registered HERE
CRAM is holding a two day regatta at Crescent Sail Yacht Club (CSYC). This is the first time we've had an event at CSYC in mid-summer and one thing is for sure: the water will still be nice and warm. Regardless, where else can you sail in two countries within 10 minutes of launching? Crescent Sail Yacht Club is a laid back and friendly club and we hope you enjoy your time with us. All catamarans are invited to this weekend regatta.
RED GEAR RACINGRobbie Daniel and Jill Nickerson from Red Gear Racing will be here providing on-the-beach and on-the-water training for those interested, similar to what we did last fall. Included in your registation fees are beach briefings and a "start clinic." We will try to run multiple starts for a race, when possible, so that every regatta participant can practice boat control and starting. Additional training is available; for more information, contact Alex Hart or Chris Tuckfield.
COVID19 GUIDELINESThese COVID-19 mitigation guidelines are being offered as if the event were being held today in order to set expectations for prospective competitors. CRAM and CSYC intend to follow all laws, rules and orders of the State of Michigan when making decisions that impact the event. In the event the laws, rules or orders become more or less restrictive as it relates to competitive sailing regattas, these COVID-19 guidelines (and the event itself) may change.
- The regatta will be limited to 25 boats (up to 50 competitors) in order to avoid congestion on the club grounds and facilities.
- Face coverings are recommended.
- Boats should be stored 10’ apart.
- All skippers meetings, announcements and awards will be held outside.
Special Facility Updates:
- Club restrooms are limited to 3 occupants at a time and facemasks must be worn when using them.
- No showers!
- The clubhouse will remain closed for the entire event.
- Both of the club's launching areas may be used to avoid congestion.
- In case of inclement weather, all participants and their guests need to shelter in their own vehicles.
Crescent Sail Yacht Club, 276 Lake Shore Road, Grosse Pointe Farms, Michigan 48236
DIRECTIONSFrom I-94, take exit 224 east on Moross Road for approximately 2.5 miles to Lake Shore Road (Moross dead ends at Lake Shore). Turn right at Lake Shore Road. Crescent Sail Yacht Club will be on your left (~1/4 mile south of Moross Road).
Again, some changes to accommodations are required.
- No keelboat housing will be available.
- Please note that due to city ordinance, we regret that neither tent camping nor pets can be accommodated on club property.
Hotels and alternative RV Parking:
- Hampton Inn Detroit/Roseville, 33680 S Gratiot Ave, Charter Twp of Clinton, MI 48035
- Baymont Inn and Suites, 20675 East 13 Mile Road, Roseville, MI 48066
- Parkcrest Inn, 20000 Harper Ave, Harper Woods, MI 48225, (313) 884-8800 (5 min)
- Red Roof Inn, 31800 Little Mack Avenue, Roseville, MI 48066, (586) 296-0310 (15 min)
- Holiday Inn Express, 31900 Little Mack Avenue, Roseville, MI 48066, (888) 465-4329 (15 min)
- For alternative RV parking there is a Walmart 10 minutes away at 28804 Gratiot Avenue Roseville, MI 48066
Finally, if you need alternate arrangements, there are several sailors in the SE Michigan area with extra beds that would be happy to host you. Please contact Jeff Rehm or the Commodore, Alex (at the bottom) to make arrangements.
There is no structured hospitality planned due to COVID-19.
- However, spontaneous grilling and pizza ordering may occur on Friday and Saturday nights.
- Sunday Breakfast - a group of us normally meets at 7:30 AM at the Pancake House (20273 Mack Ave, Grosse Pointe Woods).
If you haven't paid for dinner as a part of regatta registration, please bring cash and plan to pay on-site.
|14:00+||Arrival, Boat Setup|
|8:45 - 9:15||Registration Note: you MUST check in with registration to be scored!|
|11:00||First start signal|
|10:30||First start signal|
SAILING RULESCRAM Racing Rules
- CRAM members receive a $15 discount. However, you must first log in to the website for the system to recognize your membership status.
- If you are not currently a member, first purchase your membership as a separate transaction from the regatta registration in order to get the discount.
$10 Pre Registration
→ expires midnight July 21st!
$5 Single Handed Boats
First time sailing with CRAM?
Then your racing is on us!
Simply enter 1STCRAM in the coupon code field at the time of checkout.
|2-Day Regatta Fee
QUESTIONSIf you have any questions please contact us: