Crescent I - 'Welcome to Summer in the D' Regatta
June 20th & 21st
Crescent Sail Yacht Club
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
Check and see who has pre-registered HERE
Due to last last minute Covid19 related schedule juggling, CRAM is holding an additional two day regatta at Crescent Sail Yacht Club (CSYC) this year and they have graciously agreed to host us with very short notice.
Crescent Sail Yacht Club is a laid back and friendly club, however we need to make some alterations to our traditional set-up to keep everything safe:
COVID19 GUIDELINESThese COVID-19 mitigation guidelines are being offered as if the event were being held today in order to set expectations for prospective competitors. CRAM and CSYC intend to follow all laws, rules and orders of the State of Michigan when making decisions that impact the event. In the event the laws, rules or orders become more or less restrictive as it relates to competitive sailing regattas, these COVID-19 guidelines (and the event itself) may change.
- The regatta will be limited to 25 boats (up to 50 competitors) in order to avoid congestion on the club grounds and facilities.
- Face coverings are recommended.
- Boats should be stored 10’ apart.
- All skippers meetings, announcements and awards will be held outside.
Special Facility Updates:
- Club restrooms are limited to 3 occupants at a time and facemasks must be worn when using them.
- The clubhouse will remain closed for the entire event.
- Both of the club's launching areas may be used to avoid congestion.
- In case of inclement weather, all participants and their guests need to shelter in their own vehicles.
VENUECrescent Sail Yacht Club, 276 Lake Shore Road, Grosse Pointe Farms, Michigan 48236
From I-94, take exit 224 east on Moross Road for approximately 2.5 miles to Lake Shore Road (Moross dead ends at Lake Shore). Turn right at Lake Shore Road. Crescent Sail Yacht Club will be on your left (~1/4 mile south of Moross Road).
Again, some changes to accommodations are required.
- No keelboat housing will be available.
- There is space for only 1-2 RVs due to construction (storm damage repair) - these need to be reserved ahead of time on a first come, first served basis. Please contact Uli Gollwitzer by Friday, June 12th to confirm availability and reserve a spot.
- Please note that due to city ordinance, we regret that neither tent camping nor pets can be accommodated on club property.
Finally, if you need alternate arrangements, there are several sailors in the SE Michigan area with extra beds that would be happy to host you. Please contact Jeff Rehm or the Commodore, Alex (at the bottom) to make arrangements.
There is no structured hospitality planned due to COVID-19.
- However, spontaneous grilling and pizza ordering may occur on Friday and Saturday nights.
- Sunday Breakfast - a group of us normally meets at 7:30 AM at the Pancake House (20273 Mack Ave, Grosse Pointe Woods).
|14:00-???||Arrive and set up|
CRAM Racing Rules
- CRAM members receive a $15 discount. However, you must first log in to the website for the system to recognize your membership status.
- If you are not currently a member, first purchase your membership as a separate transaction from the regatta registration in order to get the discount.
$10 Pre Registration
→ expires midnight June 16th!
$5 Single Handed Boats
First time sailing with CRAM?
Then your racing is on us!
Simply enter 1STCRAM in the coupon code field at the time of checkout.
|2-Day Regatta Fee
If you have any questions please contact us: