Summer in the D
July 25th & 26thCrescent Sail Yacht Club
Grosse Point Farms, MI
Check and see who has pre-registered HERE
CRAM is holdinga two day regatta at Crescent Sail Yacht Club (CSYC). This is the first time we've had an event at CSYC in mid-summer and one thing is for sure: the water will still be nice and warm. Regardless, where else can you sail in two countries within 10 minutes of launching? Crescent Sail Yacht Club is a laid back and friendly club and we hope you enjoy your time with us. All catamarans are invited to this weekend regatta.
RED GEAR RACINGRobbie Daniel and Jill Nickerson from Red Gear Racing will be here providing on-the-beach and on-the-water training for those interested, similar to what we did last fall. Included in your registation fees are beach briefings and a "start clinic." We will try to run multiple starts for a race, when possible, so that every regatta participant can practice boat control and starting. Additional training is available; for more information, contact Alex Hart or Chris Tuckfield.
VENUECrescent Sail Yacht Club, 276 Lake Shore Road, Grosse Pointe Farms, Michigan 48236
DIRECTIONSFrom I-94, take exit 224 east on Moross Road for approximately 2.5 miles to Lake Shore Road (Moross dead ends at Lake Shore). Turn right at Lake Shore Road. Crescent Sail Yacht Club will be on your left (~1/4 mile south of Moross Road).
ACCOMMODATIONSIf you'd like to stay on-site, we have a couple options:
- There is space for up to 4 RVs - these need to be reserved ahead of time on a 1st come, 1st served basis.
- In addition, CSYC has limited on-site housing available via bunking in a "big boat". Think of it as a floating camper - it actually works quite well!
Please note that due to city ordinance, we regret that neither tent camping nor pets can be accommodated on club property.
Hotels and alternative RV Parking:
- Hampton Inn Detroit/Roseville, 33680 S Gratiot Ave, Charter Twp of Clinton, MI 48035
- Baymont Inn and Suites, 20675 East 13 Mile Road, Roseville, MI 48066
- Parkcrest Inn, 20000 Harper Ave, Harper Woods, MI 48225, (313) 884-8800 (5 min)
- Red Roof Inn, 31800 Little Mack Avenue, Roseville, MI 48066, (586) 296-0310 (15 min)
- Holiday Inn Express, 31900 Little Mack Avenue, Roseville, MI 48066, (888) 465-4329 (15 min)
- For alternative RV parking there is a Walmart 10 minutes away at 28804 Gratiot Avenue Roseville, MI 48066
HOSPITALITYBreakfast, and Dinner on Saturday are included in the $15/person hospitality co-pay.
- Dinner – Informal get-together at the Tiki Hut around 6PM. Depending on mood and weather, we can either order pizza or head to a local bar/grill.
- Breakfast – Coffee, tea, bagels, cream cheese, bananas, and apples or other fruit will be provided.
- Dinner – BBQ at the Tiki Hut. Details TBD
- Bring your own adult beverages
- After dinner - a small bonfire will be set up in the evening for after-hours socializing (again, weather-permitting). Otherwise, the fire might be moved inside to CSYC's new fireplace.
- Breakfast – meet at 7:30 AM at the Pancake House (20273 Mack Ave, Grosse Pointe Woods)
- Lunch – On your own
If you haven't paid for dinner as a part of regatta registration, please bring cash and plan to pay on-site.
|14:00+||Arrival, Boat Setup|
|18:00||Informal dinner/pizza at Tiki Hut|
|8:00-10:00||Galley open – Continental Breakfast|
|8:45 - 9:15||Registration Note: you MUST check in with registration to be scored!|
|11:00||First start signal|
|~20:00||Small Bonfire for socializing|
|7:30||Breakfast at the Pancake House, 20273 Mack Ave, Grosse Pointe Woods|
|10:30||First start signal|
SAILING RULESCRAM Racing Rules
- CRAM members receive a $15 discount. However, you must first log in to the website for the system to recognize your membership status.
- If you are not currently a member, first purchase your membership as a separate transaction from the regatta registration in order to get the discount.
$10 Pre Registration
→ expires midnight July 21st!
$5 Single Handed Boats
First time sailing with CRAM?
Then your racing is on us!
Simply enter 1STCRAM in the coupon code field at the time of checkout.
|2-Day Regatta Fee
|$20 RV Onsite Convenience Fee||Camping
|CoPay for Breakfast/dinner||Adult
QUESTIONSIf you have any questions please contact us: